Original airdate: Aug, 1, 1997
Watch on Youtube:
I added the ratings thingy.
• Clearly the filming was done during the episode 814- RIDING WITH DEATH, and in fact it ran for the first time the week after that episode first aired and a day before the debut of the next episode 815- AGENT FOR H.A.R.M.
• Kevin’s story about the naming of the show is completely wrong in almost every respect, or at least it is almost totally at odds with the explanation Joel has given.
• Bill was going through a “complete cueball” phase.
• I think the idea of giving the cast camcorders in order to capture “behind the scenes” footage is largely a failure (with the exception, perhaps, of that nice moment when they zoom in close on Mike’s meaty face). There’s a layer of Midwestern shyness and self-consciousness that prevents them from really making it work.
• I will say that this show is very well edited, and the clips from the show are well chosen.
• Apparently the show has won “numerous awards.” Really?
• Among those interviewed is then-BBI staffer Jill Roozenboom, who I don’t think lasted until the end of season 8.
• Interestingly, there is no credit for the narrator. Anybody know who it is?