MYSTERY SCIENCE THEATER 3000
RETURNS WITH FIRST-EVER
CONSUMER PRODUCTS PROGRAM
STRATEGIC LICENSING PARTNERS ANNOUNCED
AS THE SHOW HEADS TO NETFLIX
Los Angeles, CA – February 16, 2017 – The popular entertainment brand and cult-hit comedy series MYSTERY SCIENCE THEATER 3000 (MST3K) has announced its first consumer products program, which is gearing up for release as the new season heads to Netflix for its much anticipated premiere.
“MST3K is enjoying a new iteration on Netflix for both new audiences and longtime fans alike,” says MST3K creator Joel Hodgson. “We’re really looking forward to partnering with creative companies who are fans of the show and can capture the zeitgeist of the series with new products and ideas.”
Bob Emmer, COO of Shout Factory, adds, ”We’re eagerly pursuing licensing opportunities across all categories, with the goal of delivering fun and innovative merchandise that’s true to the show MSTies know and love.”
The licensing program is helmed by Elie Dekel, of Dekel Brands. Strategic partners for licensing and merchandising on board thus far include:
· Dark Horse (serialized comics, graphic novels, coffee-table book and gift items)
· FUNKO (vinyl figures, and FUNKO-POP figures)
· Changes (t-shirts, tops, sweatshirts)
· Insight Editions (Ultimate Episode Guide, trivia books, journals)
· Great Eastern (buttons, patches, stickers, pins, gifts and novelties)
· Just Funky (gifts, beverage/barware, key chains, auto accessories, table-top gifts)
· Zen Monkey Studios (t-shirts, sweatshirts)
Products will be rolling out spring of 2017 throughout the 4th quarter, with new products and licensees to be announced over the course of the year. MST3K and its licensees will be working with specialty retailers to deliver the new merchandise to retailers and ecommerce stores.
Beloved by a legion of fans worldwide and ranked by top media culture critics as one of the best cult television shows of all time, MYSTERY SCIENCE THEATER 3000 will highlight brand extension opportunities across all licensing categories, including apparel, digital gaming, publishing, toys, home goods and accessories.