DADDY-O'S DRIVE-IN DIRT
SCI FI ARCHIVES
archives of the MST3K pages previously hosted by the Sci-Fi Channel's SCIFI.COM.
Over the years, Barb has had interactions with many memorable fans!
- Terry, the self-appointed "MST Barber" of Indiana, force-feeds the show to his customers and regularly
reports on the results of his "experiments"...
- There is the guy from PA (Eddie) who writes regularly, always with a hand-written list of the 50 states on
the back of the letter...
- The vet assistant from Cleveland who likes to send letters, cartoons, food gifts and other strange things (is
definitely in love with Crow)...
- Another fan used to regularly empty the contents of her kitchen junk drawer into a box, and send it to Trace...
- One fan asked if Barb would be his pen pal...
- A lot of people ask for writing jobs. One guy spent several paragraphs tearing the show apart, then asked for
- There was a guy who (before Season 9 began) graciously e-mailed to tell BBI their show was premiering the next
task of Barb's is conducting the studio tours BBI gives every Friday (when the cast isn't shooting an episode).
"The favorites places are the studio/sets, of course, and the prop room. We also have many props on display…someone
always knows what show they're from (Are you listening, Steven?). The writers occasionally come out of their cages
and say hi. Kevin gave away food once. Timmy (The black Crow) is for some reason a big favorite. Not too
long ago, eight teenaged girls (and one Mom) came up from Iowa and mobbed Mike! He graciously consented to a couple
of photos. Patrick sometimes brings the 'bots out for easier photo opportunities, too."
Despite all this craziness, Barb insists that life at Best Brains is "actually mostly like any other office,
most days. We fax and answer phones and send mail and pound on computers. Occasionally, we photocopy things, like
the recent arrival of a sculpted version of Mike's head."
- "There was the dazed fire inspector, who came to the wrong address, took one look at the guillotine and
electric chair and bolted out again...
- "There is an intercom system, which is often abused. 'Nuff said..
- "Around noon, it's a race for the microwave. Brad is always heating up some frozen vegetarian thing,
Peter (Rudrud, production manager) makes bowls of Progresso soup. We are always short of forks, spoons,
and small regular dishes. That's why people are often seen eating out of plastic mixing bowls and serving platters.
Beez just drinks Coke for all of her meals. Sometimes, though, she's seen diving into a Hungry Man dinner.
For PantLeg, it's always two big sammiches...
- "A game ensued last summer, in which a huge ball of rubber bands had to be bounced over the head of the
other player to score points. This took place in the studio (on non shoot days) before Castle Forrester took up
permanent residence. I was forever picking up stray rubber bands and dodging these 'hits'"
And, finally, the most important question: What videogames are the staff into now? As many fans know, the staff
was addicted to "Doom" for a long time (and Mike became a deadly accurate shot.) Well, no more.
"Now, everyone's into Sega Playstation golf or NHL Face Off '98," she says.
| BACK |
| VISIT PREVIOUS FEATURED ARTICLES |